- Tech Stack
- Ruby Ruby-on-Rails AWS
- Yearly Salary
- 60k $ - 90k $
- Develop new web services with Ruby on Rails.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Point out potential performance problems and suggest fixes.
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with frontend developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- HTML & CSS
- Vue.js or React
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)
- 100% Remote work.
- 25 days of Annual Paid Time Off.
- Equipment Allowance.
- Maternity / Paternity Bonus.
- Training Allowance.
- Remote Retreats.
We are looking for a talented fully remote back-end engineer to help us build world-class products. You'll be playing a core role in our team and you’ll report directly to the CTO and Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Do:
What You Should Know (Backend):
What You Should Know (Frontend):
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work.You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and promoting our annual retreats.
We have a small tight-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves on doing upfront design, so every project has wireframes, mockups, and a well-thought specification before we start writing any code.
We like to work smarter, not harder. Team members are not expected to work more than 40 hrs/wk. Work/life balance is very important to us and our culture. We also have #adventure and #hobbies channels on Slack where we routinely share what we’re up to outside of work.Benefits of working for Hubstaff:
We care about job security and provide a career path for years to come (we’ve run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).